(haha sorry I just did this xD)
These are getting harder and harder to do, I’m running out of facts about myself. I’m boring!! :P
- If I pass a dog/puppy on the street I can’t help but smile and squee and give it a little wave.
- Weird as heck, but I literally, physically cannot burp. This is a trait I inherited from my mother. I can get those little hiccup thingies if I’m full, but actual burping is impossible.
- The Tesco deliverymen who deliver my groceries to me each week are the sweetest people and they always wish me a nice day.
- My friends have no idea how happy I am and how much I love them when they show me they enjoy various fandoms as much as I do.
- When I was from about ages 2-4, I had blondeish hair. Then suddenly it went dark brown. So drawings I drew of myself when I was younger always had me with yellow hair.
- I was given the GameBoy Original for my 9th birthday from my father, not knowing it was already a decade old at the time. Even with that fact, when I was little and playing my Gameboy I thought it was the most magical piece of technology I’d ever seen.
- My most played track on iTunes is PONPONPON with a total of 223 plays.
- When sleeping, I am little spoon.
- I just had peanut butter & jelly ice cream :D <3
- My boyfriend’s nicknames for me include “dear”, “little nymph” and “napoleon”…. but I’m fairly sure that last one is just a fantasy he has for historical figures.
Wow! :O Can’t believe I didn’t hear of this sooner. That makes a lot of sense.
As someone with ME, on the occasional good day I can attempt going for a short walk outside or do a bit of dancing, but it will only take a few minutes before the pain and aching kicks in. It’s kind of a relief to hear some more solid scientific evidence of the abnormalities.
Yes, unfortunately Bodyline do not offer the markdown value option anymore. According to a friend, recently japan has imposed stricter laws on declaring value of goods shipped overseas.
If you see their information page, Bodyline says if you choose AIR mail you are much less likely to get hit by customs charges since it is not run by a private company. However, if the package gets lost in the mail there’s nothing you can do. So there are risks choosing both EMS and AIR as postage from Bodyline.
I however have always chosen AIR and so far have not been charged customs despite having 3 packages sent to me via AIR after the markdown value was removed. This may be because since my order was split into 3 packages to save the AIR weight limit deal, the value on each package was not considered chargeable by customs. However, a friend of mine did same thing and got charged about 1/3 of the value of her goods.
One time my friends Jewels, Chi and I went to the retail park while wearing full-on Sweet Lolita to go to Toys R Us and look at cute plushies/toys/ponies. Since we went later in the day, we finished shopping and left the building quite late in the evening. When we walked out of the store, it was dark out, and the car park was completely deserted. Most of the other stores had already closed down for the night.
So yeah, we were walking to the opposite side of the park when a bunch of about 8-10 “youths” (think like ages 14-16) came up to us and started squabbling, in that annoyingly loud voice to make sure everyone can hear, “WHY ARE YOU DRESSED LIKE THAT?” “YOU’RE WEARING A WIG” “WHY ARE YOU WEARING THOSE CLOTHES?” etc. Of course we just kept on walking and politely brushed them off with a quick “Because we like it” and “Yes, I am wearing a wig” but then this just spurred them on and they began to follow us and circle around us as we were walking, now starting to say “YOU’RE REALLY JUST WEARING THAT FOR NO REASON?” “THEY’RE PULLING YOUR LEG, GUYS” “THEY’RE TOTALLY JOKING” “WHAT’S THE REAL REASON YOU’RE DRESSED LIKE THAT?” ‘SHE’S TOTALLY WEARING A WIG”. T__T
When we got to the other side of the park, they were still there circling us and shouting and jumping as if they were ever so interested, but really they were just trying to rile up a reaction out of us. At that point I just turned around, stared them straight in the eye and said in a stern voice “Okay look, is there a reason why you’re all harassing us?” And then they all went “OOOooooOOOOooohhhh!!!!”…. and backed off. Like, they just walked away. We then walked to an emptier area and I took out my phone to call a taxi. I’m pretty sure the fact I had got my phone out is the reason the teens didn’t come back and try to harass us further.
Now fortunately that ended peacefully without any complications. But there were about 10 of them, and three of us, in a completely empty parking lot late at night. They could have had dangerous items with them such as knives, as apparently later we found out that the retail park was in a shady side of town. I was shaking because it took all my energy to actually stand up for myself and my friends. I feel like if I had been alone and not with my friends, I wouldn’t have had the confidence to put up such a brave front.
Hi there! :) (Thank you!)
Dream of Lolita is not of great quality. It’s decent, wearable and durable but their stuff can tend to look a little “off” and their fabric feels/look thin. Their replica quality will definitely not match up to the original’s at all. If you order from their store it will take at least a month for them to make it, and in total you could be waiting longer than 70 days for your item to arrive after purchase. Apparently their quality keeps getting a little worse each year. I’ve seen some DOL stuff that looks like it was made in an awful rush.
I have 3 dresses from them: Wonder Cookie jsk replica, Sugary Carnival jsk replica and Dreamy Dollhouse OP replica. The best quality one is my Wonder Cookie replica, which I think is on par with Bodyline quality minus the thinner fabric used. The Sugary Carnival jsk is pretty but some of the lace doesn’t match in some parts. The Dreamy Dollhouse replica looks nothing like the original, but I love it anyway.